Friday, August 01, 2008

Jennifer Hawke today shared her "I love you" experience - the first time it was said in her new relationship. I thought it would be fun to share my 'first I love you' experience with Ben. I think it would be neat if those with long-term partners (ahem, milk and 2 sugars and my sister) shared their story as well.

Ben and I went to visit his mother about a month into our relationship. Walking up the garden path I was very nervous. Apparently Ben's mom had been telling him for years that he should have married his highschool girlfriend when he had the chance because she was so perfect. I met Ben's Dad's mother coming up the path (she lives next door) and she gave me a wonderful welcome. Ben's mum wasn't home, but when she did get home she gave me a great welcome too. That night Ben and I were lying in bed and I said "good night" and he whispered "I love you". Unfortunately, when we first got together I couldn't really understand his accent when he whispered so I had no idea what he said, so I asked him to repeat himself. He said it again. This time I thought I heard it but wasn't sure. so. I MADE HIM SPELL IT. hahaha. what kind of weirdo am I? Then I said that I loved him too. I just didn't want him to have said "let's have some tea tomorrow morning" and then I say "I love you too". Anyway, now we're getting married so I guess it all worked out ok in the end.

4 comments:

XE said...

Awww... that's sweet :)

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Will do ;). Just as soon as I've finished learning about Wegener's.

XE said...

I'm going to be in your town sometime between the 21st and the 26th, although it depends on when the health promotion people at [your school] have an opening. [Your town] and Sudbury are the two where I don't have definite dates yet.

It'd be cool to meet up!

Anonymous said...

awww! that is adorable! : ))