Wednesday, September 24, 2008

If someone could invent a cure for the common cold I would be their new best friend. I am so tired and worn out and I hardly have done anything in the past 3 days. I'm trying to study tonight and I have felt like I'm in a haze all day. I took some cough medicine last night and it did help me sleep, but gave me a foggy head so I think I'm going to take 1/2 the dose tonight. Nephro is killing me. The patients are just too complex for my liking. Thankfully one of my hardest ones is getting discharged tomorrow. I got busted today for not knowing when one of my patients got a colonoscopy - I had just acquired him yesterday and hadn't had a chance to review the chart fully. I tried to fake it during rounds but failed miserably. I feel like my brain has turned off! I didn't even put together that another one of my patients had had a parathyroidectomy and yet her PTH was still high. Duh. They missed a parathyroid gland. Ugh. If I don't start using my brain I'm going to be a pretty horrible doctor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take 4g of Vitamin C every morning until it stops. That's 4 or 8 tablets depending on what you get. Seriously, it works. Normally taking that much would give you constipation or something, but it doesn't when you're ill...