Saturday, March 13, 2010

I was angry because I got my schedule for June (emerg) and I had been scheduled for several shifts during my vacation... which was booked several months ago. Along with the schedule came a note asking if I could change my vacation to suit the emerg department. The Husband and I have spent quite a bit of money on plane tickets, rental car, bike boxes, etc. for this trip and some of those things are non-refundable. The good thing is that my program director is supporting me in still taking the portion of my planned vacation that I'm spending away (I took 2 weeks but I'm only away for a week of it). The bad thing is that without the emerg shifts during that week, I might not have enough shifts to complete my rotation. Fortunately, my program director is going to help me navigate this tricky situation.

So, more to come on this at a later date.

1 comment:

Liana said...

Wow. That's pretty ridiculous. I would be angry too. Glad your program director is being supportive.

So where are you going?