Sunday, May 02, 2010

And they're back

The palpitations are back. I think it's a mixture of stress, exercising and caffeine consumption. I'm going to go tea free for a while. I always know this is related to stress because not only do I get PVCs but I also get horrible GERD at the same time, making me think I'm having chest pains. The summer ramp up in my training schedule probably doesn't help.

I had an awesome mountain bike ride yesterday with a bunch of guys and girls from our club. The rain fell but we weren't deterred... well, atleast the 5 of us that kept going weren't deterred. We did about 25 km of mountain biking in 2 and 1/2 hours with lots of stops to keep the group together. All in all I think my skills are improving with only one fall on a slippery wooden bridge. I did that Wednesday night race series ride last week and will be heading out there again this week and I'm stoked! There are only 4 of us in the sport women cat but there's one girl who does the o-cup cross country series as well so I think she's really going to motivate me to be more competitive.

2 comments:

Liana said...

I'm taking a mountain biking course this spring. I am excited :)

medstudentitis said...

Well Liana, you're in one of the best places in the world to do it! Should be fun!