Tuesday, October 11, 2011

promise of things to come

So, with the prospect of a long term locum on the horizon, of course Ben and I go crazy looking for houses again. We are so desperate to have a real house with real places to put all our stuff that every time we think we're going to move somewhere we go crazy moving into MLS houses in our minds. We have only ever looked at 1 house and I have to say, it looked a lot better in the pictures on-line.

Week 2 of my rotation is going a bit better than week 1 because there aren't 3 learners trying to work with 1 consultant this week. Two seems to work much better when there are two consult rooms and one consultant. I'm trying to push myself this rotation to do more teaching of the medical student. I just hope I don't teach her anything wrong! The consultant I'm working with doesn't really ask a lot of questions so I find myself "pimping" the medical student. Not in a mean way, but I'm used to being taught using the Socratic method and I found it quite effective... I'm trying to embody Socrates.

3 comments:

Amy said...

pimping or pumping... both sound kinda wrong...

medstudentitis said...

haha, pimping! it's what we call putting the student on the spot to answer a question :)

XE said...

Thanks for teaching! We love it when the residents take the time to review things with us.(Plus, pimping is a legit awesome way to learn) :)