Monday, January 09, 2012

I know I should say that my first day was great and that it was so much fun and I loved it, but it was completely and utterly exhausting, mind numbing and scary. I only had to see 15 patients because they're going easy on me for the first little while, and at times I was twiddling my thumbs, but at times I had real head scratchers. And, at times, I was just at a loss. Apparently I'm bad at chronic msk pain. I already knew I was bad at that, but I feel like I'm failing at it. I guess there's some reading to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the first 2 weeks as a locum I had a severe spasm in my upper & lower back from the anxiety/tension I was feeling. It is scary, but it gets better!
Michelle.

Liana said...

It does get better. You'll be fine, and you're exactly where I was 4.5 years ago.