Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Manager Hired!

We finally hired a new manager. Hopefully this one will stick. She seems to have all of the great relevant skills and is very nice. Now to vomit all the things I have learned out of my brain and into hers! I am very excited to get these extra tasks off my plate.

I have been waking up in the middle of the night a lot lately, anxieties, fears, almost like going back to my first month in practice when I worried about everything and anything. I feel like I'm back in that headspace, like someone is suddenly going to figure out that I'm an imposter and I'm not worthy. Someone is going to find me out and sue me and my life will never be the same. I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I do.

In other news, we are building a deck. Ben and I aren't very good at cooperating on things like this but thankfully there haven't been too many disagreements - just a few bickering sessions! The deck beams and joists are almost done, we're just waiting for some cement to dry and then we can start putting on the deck boards! I'm stoked to hang out and have a drink on the deck when we're done.

1 comment:

Milk and Two Sugars said...

What, two engineers disagree on how a structure should be put together? No! ;)

As to your feelings - they arise from natural fears but are surely emphasised, exaggerated, enlarged many times greater than they ought to be. Please get in touch if you'd like the resource my own GP recommended, which I'm finding really helpful (it's online and 100% anonymous). Hugs to you xx.