Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Chart

So, I have the "chart" . Some people think the chart is a myth, I guarantee you it's not. This is the average salary chart in canada by province and by specialty (not broken down into many sub specialties though, sorry). This chart is 2001-2002. Please note that this is fee-per-service payments thus does not include deductions for office materials/overhead that family physicians pay. This is also pay before tax. Why am I putting this chart up? Because people keep asking me for it in class. Why do I think it's important to these individuals? Well, when you know nothing about different specialties and are being forced to choose your career path extremely early, what else are you going to base your decisions on but the almighty loonie?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D'ja notice that they spelled "neurosurgery" wrong? Do I detect catty in-fighting spawned by insane jealousy, or mere sloppiness by a non-neurosurgeon?

medstudentitis said...

Hah! I didn't notice that! I hope it was a kick in the pants to all neurosurgeons in the world by an insanely jealous non-neurosurgeon (or non-neursurgeon)!