Sunday, April 23, 2006

Studying blues

If only medicine involved less hours of studying. Twice a year I become exquisitely lifeless and stressed and downright miserable. In the future I only see the amount of time spent in this state increasing because the hours needed for studying are going to increase. At least I don't go to other med schools though where they have exams every few weeks, what a bore. We have exams after each semester. That means that my exams in two weeks are on: MSK, Infectious Disease, Dermatology, Oncology and Heme. Everything to do with all of those subjects (everything I will ever learn about them in med school). Which I gotta say is a bit stressful. Especially because all I've managed to get through is ID (the biggest section, but still) and I don't even know it all yet. That means I'm not going to be sleeping for the next 2 and a half weeks until my OSCE (another walk in the park, not) and the week after that until my written finals. For those of you non-medical types I'll fill you in on the OSCE thing later but for now I'll just say that it's a practical clinical-based exam involving patients and scenarios. I don't mind the clinical stuff though so it shouldn't be as hard as the dreaded MCQ/short answer/stupid picture test combination.

Why am I blogging if I have so much work to do? Well, because I needed a break and I'm feeling sorry for myself. Someone want to bring me some ice cream?

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: