Thursday, March 15, 2007

Barbados Butterfly

I went to check out one of the blogs I read on a regular basis (although I can't say I read it every day - I'm one of those on again, off again blog readers), barbados butterfly, only to discover that it has been changed to an 'invitation only' blog. As I don't actually know barb or how to contact her for an invite I guess it's a case of another one bites the dust. Blogs come and blogs go, they change, they evolve, some become more interesting and some less. Barb is a spunky surgeon who speaks about being a woman in a field that has maintained some of its boy's club tendencies. I enjoyed reading her blog and I'm sorry to see it go. So, if you notice that it's gone from my links, that's why.

Exams are in 1 month, I've been trying to hit the books hard this week (we're on a break) and it's semi-worked. I have a lot of work ahead of me. If you've got any great tricks/tips about renal/cardio/resp let me know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey medstudent,

I admire you so very much and hope you keep your blog going and let us"anons" come here to leave comments. Best of luck with exams, you will do great!I love your blog and sure did enjoy the interlude from "Home Movies" about the marbles...too funny! Take best of care, I look forward to your postings, when you have a minute to spare.

Kindest regards,

"Medical student and doctor admirer", tracy in va bakestuff@hotmail.com

XE said...

Hey,
Good luck on your exams! Hope you enjoy studying for renal and cardio as much as I do!

*******Summer Update********

I still haven't heard anything back from the family doc. Either he's on vacation or really busy, I guess. I'll keep you posted.

Calavera said...

I can't say that I've ever read her blog, but maybe ther was a reason that she changed it to invite only.

You're right though, blogs are such transient things.

By the way, I'm loving the new layout of yours!!

Milk and Two Sugars said...

I just posted the same thing. It's a bugger, isn't it?

NICE new template! You and Ben look gorgeous!

medstudentitis said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've been on a blogging hiatus so it's nice to know some people still read me!

Xavier- let me know if you hear anything, nothing's looking too promising right now, but thanks for trying!