Thursday, October 08, 2009

So far peds has been busy. and independent. and busy. A different kind of busy from obs - more scut on peds and more trying to figure out what the heck I'm supposed to be doing at each moment. I have found a good mentor though and have been following his patients. It makes it harder here because different people cover their own patients instead of the on-call doc. I haven't had much exposure to high-risk deliveries or NICU yet but hopefully I'll get called for something one of these days. I'd like to use my NRP before I lose it.

In other news, my birthday is tomorrow. I got up this morning and someone asked me the date and I realized I had no clue - and had forgotten my birthday was the next day. What am I doing for my birthday? Not much. It's thanksgiving so we're all going to the cottage. I don't feel very birthday-y this year. Maybe it's because I'm tired, maybe it's PMS, who knows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - call you later. Hope you are having a good day despite the rain and the gloom.

Lots of love,

Mims

XE said...

Happy birthday!!!

jhawke said...

a 70-ish year old (moderately senile) woman came into the clinic the other day. she didn't realize it was her birthday (or that it was Thursday) until i told her the date.

you just reminded me of a 70-ish year old (moderately senile) woman. ; )

happy birthday! i'm sure you'll find a way to enjoy it at the cottage.

xoxo