Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Van to the couver

So,
On Thursay I'm going to Vancouver for the first time. I'm stoked! I'm also going to the SOGC annual clinical meeting which should be very informative. They're having an ob/gyn residency fair and some special med student sessions and stuff. Hopefully I'll be able to solidify my plans on whether to go for ob/gyn or not. I'm really leaning towards it right now. I need to figure out what kind of research I'm going to do for my critical inquiry and if I'm going to try to get an ob/gyn residency spot I'd better focus on that area. I'm not sure what kind of study I want to do, I know I definitely want to do something clinical (but hopefully more exciting than a chart review). I know it's still a year away, but I like to think ahead!

In other news, yesterday I realized just how much of last semester I had forgotten. I was wracking my brain trying to remember the difference between TTP and DIC and it just wasn't coming to me which one affected the PT and PTT. I think it's DIC. I'm going to have to look that up. If I've forgotten that, what else have I forgotten? I feel like I'm going to re-learn this stuff a million times before I really understand it. yeesh. I wish I had a better brain for retention.

Anyways, wish me luck in Vancouver without a car and staying a half hour drive from the hotel where the conference is. I think I'll be spending a lot of time lost on city buses.

This is my model now: Progress!

No comments: