Sunday, November 19, 2006

You meet the nicest people in med school


Lately I've been a bit frustrated with a few people in my class (as you could probably tell from the last post). Sometimes, I forget how many nice people there are in medical school who I would have never met otherwise. After the latest frustrating incident with a few group members, one of the girls in my group came up to me and touched me on the arm. She said, "Don't worry, I felt the same way too. I like how you looked them in the eye when you were giving your criticisms, that was honorable." It was like it all ceased to matter. Someone had heard what I said and how I felt and she acknowledged that I was upset and needed support. If she wasn't going into pathology, I would want her as my doctor any day!

So, let this be a lesson to us all, great people go into medicine. The wanks are the exceptions, not the rule.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

I love the cartoon, but I'm glad to see you've regained some faith in your fellows.

The Angry Medic said...

Awwww...

I agree. They can be hard to see sometimes, mostly because they're busy working and making people's lives better, whereas the wanks are the only ones going around, well, wanking. Sometimes you can't see the saints for the wanks.

The Angry Medic said...

...I could've worded that better.

medstudentitis said...

haha, angry medic, my mind was definitely in the gutter there thinking about how big the saints' wanks were that you couldn't see them... I should be studying now.