Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Family Clinic

I had my first day in family clinic today. It was awesome, everybody was so nice and I really like my preceptor. He also is probably the most tanned person I've ever seen in my life... except maybe my cousin. I shadowed a resident who had a really complex and cool patient and then got to see a patient on my own. It was funny, I felt like I was in an OSCE station the whole time, but it was real. My patient was very reminiscent of a patient I've seen before. It makes you appreciate that the things they teach in the OSCE really ARE like real life! Anyway, I've got a million things to do tonight starting with writing the family medicine interest group newsletter. I need to find a good family medicine based short story - I've used a story of Dr. Charles from the examining room of Dr. Charles before but I can't seem to find his blog? If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Then I've got a bunch of PBL to do and I need to write the discussion section of my paper from the summer. I really want to get that monkey off my back. In good news, I've kept up my workout schedule and I really am starting to feel good about it. I've been spinning 3 days a week and doing something else 1 day (I'm doing yoga/pilates tomorrow). Hopefully I'll bring down my fat percentage a little bit by christmas... I want to be a hard body! Well, not really, but I want to feel good about myself and it's good to get a good crack at it before things get really busy. I also bought a really SEXY binder today at Staples. Mmmm, strawberry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a bit of a weird question, but what exactly do you do for PBL homework??