Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I looked SO COOL today. Like, seriously. I went out for my bike ride in my knee warmers, MEC dark grey/blue baggies, castelli jersey, grey nike bubble knit zip up, pink bandana and snot green helmet. I felt like a million bucks... Then I face planted into a tree and got pine sap in my eyebrows. I'm not any worse for wear now though. No facial scratches (thank god, gotta protect the money maker), just a scratch on the shin which is a whole load of nothing. Today I met people on the trails for the first time since I've been biking in this particular park which has some really nice singletrack in it. I'm in active "training" for my race this weekend (this means trying to ride 3 times this week and pushing it a bit harder). I hope I manage not to come last... it felt nice to not come last last time!

We're not going to camp this time. It's mothers day this weekend so we're going to have dinner with my fabby fabulous mimsy on Saturday night and then drive up to the race on Sunday morning. Of course, because I need to know what I'm getting into, we're also pre-riding on Saturday. Please join with me in a prayer that it will not rain on Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Midwife with a Knife said...

I'm glad you're ok. My mom always says, "Your face is your fortune!"