Thursday, February 19, 2009

I feel very fatigued today. This will be my third 4 to midnight shift this week plus 1 day shift on Monday (I didn't get a stat holiday, boo!). I have a really hard time winding down when I get home from an emerg shift. You use your adrenaline to keep you going in the evening and through those last cases on the table at the end of the night so when you get home you're pretty wired. I try to have some herbal tea, watch some tv or read a book then get to bed. This morning I had to be at the hospital for grandrounds at 8:30 and it was a tough sell. At least I stayed awake through the whole thing! I'm giving a grandrounds presentation at another hospital tomorrow, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

XE said...

How did grand rounds go? :)