Tuesday, May 12, 2009

palpitations

I'm using this post today to vent some anxiety. I had a whole day of palpitations last week, chalked them down to studying for the big exam and being nervous. They lasted about 8 hours. On Sunday evening I started having them again. Went to bed hoping they would be gone in the morning. They weren't. Spent 3 hours having them and then started freaking out. Had a bit of chest pain (probably psychosomatic). Went to emerg and felt really stupid, only had one PVC on the EKG. Blood work fine. Doctor recommended a holter if I still had them and they were worrying me but he can't order it. Today I woke up having them again. I'm sure they're PVCs or PACs but they're freaking me out and they're making me afraid to do things like go for my run or go to the gym. I know that they're normal in young people but when they're bad I'm having them every few beats. I am an anxious person by nature and I'm sure that's not helping. Phew. I needed to get that off my chest. I'm a normal healthy person and this is just freaking the shit out of me.

No comments: