Friday, September 08, 2006

Skipper

I am here writing this because I am SKIPPING. That's right. I did NOT go to my neuro lab today. You may be thinking: she is so craptacular at neuro that she should perhaps be attending her lab. BUT, friends, let me tell you - this lab sucks. We were given sheets with questions organized into "modules" to fill in. Then we basically went from table to table and filled in the questions from the book... That's right, there was no actual lab equipment or specimens involved. So, I decided to do the questions at home and meet up with some friends to figure stuff out that we don't know. Plus, i'm doing my laundry and getting ready for the history of medicine tour I'm reading a station for tonight.

My station is cool. I'm talking about women in medicine at my university. It's pretty crazy, my university allowed women into the medical school and then kicked them out and didn't let them in for another 60 YEARS. This is an example of how universities sometimes succumb to pressure from the masses eventhough they know what they're doing is wrong. They knew it was right to let women in but folded when people complained. It's pretty shameful.

2 comments:

origin said...

Everybody learns in different ways - a lot of schools still haven't figured that one out yet. So, when you're not learning anything with what they have planned, then get the heck outta there and do what you need to do! The whole point is to learn what you need in order to be the kind of doctor you want and your future patients want you to be.

Anonymous said...

When my wife went to Harvard (a while back, mind you), she, being a woman -- as indeed she is -- was not allowed to use the main library...