Thursday, February 15, 2007

Exhaustion


There's nothing like being somewhere that you don't know your way around and doing something you're not familiar with while trying to impress someone to tire you out. By the time that I got home from my shift I observed at on Tuesday I was pooped. It was only 11:00 and i was totally shattered. Clerkship is going to be even more exhausting I'm sure, I was only there for 6 hours! Granted, I had done a full day at school first.

It was fun though. I got to ultrasound one of the residents' belly, I saw lots of kids with sore ears/tummies/throats, I saw a man in anaphalactic shock and saw a woman who may have been having an MI but not really. The resident I followed around was great. He had no qualms about letting me go in there first and do my own physical before he went in. It's great to get that experience, although I must say, I need more practice looking in the ears. Ben is going to have his ears looked in a lot this weekend.

To add to my exhaustion, after I got home it started snowing and didn't stop until the next morning, leaving us with 10 cm of fresh fluffy not plowed snow. It was a bit of a biking nightmare. I got TO school but had to take the bus home due to the complete and utter ridiculous state of the roads.

Hopefully tonight I'll get to bed somewhat early (although it's trivia night and I'm going) and feel like I've started to recover tomorrow.

2 comments:

Amy said...

You can look in my ears any time. Especially since that means I'd get to see you.

Calavera said...

Oh dear. You know, in England, if so much as a snowflake appears in the capital, the entire public transport system comes to a standstill. Gawd...