Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm a lump



Ever just lose that gold 'ol med student motivation? I sit in class and think "oh, that's interesting" but when I get home, all I want to do is sit and watch tv, take naps, eat chocolate, go to the gym. Cracking the books just doesn't seem a priority. I SHOULD be cracking the books though. I should be studying the kidney, I should be studying the heart, I should be working hard. Where did that good ol' work ethic go? Quick, someone, give me your work ethic so I don't get kicked out of medical school!

In good news, after the girl I was supposed to live with gave me the news that she has to stay in her current place with a girl that I don't think I could live with, I found another place to live! Unfortunately, it means paying double rent over the summer so I'm going to have to get a subletter. I have a lead on a person but I think I might have to get a few people for different months who are coming to do medical electives at the hospital here. Let's hope there are lots of people who want to come hang out here!

3 comments:

Calavera said...

ROFL!! Give me your work ethic so I don't get kicked out of medschool!!

hahaha, you crack me up! Mind if I quote you on that? I'll link to you, of course.

Be nice to yourself for a while. The kidney isnt the most interesting thing anyway.

Calavera said...

Oh, and I hope the whole subletting thing works out well. This sort of thing can be such a damn hassle.

medstudentitis said...

I'll let you quote me in exchange for a bit of your work ethic!