Monday, November 17, 2008

Instructions:

  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open it to page 56.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the closest.
Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon:
"All right."

Seriously, that's the sentence. So I'm going to pick one that better represents the book: And I voyaged into him, as he into me, so that when the last small storms of love began to shake me, he cried out, and we rode the waves together as one flesh, and saw ourselves in each other's eyes.


Gotta love a bit of trashy reading every once in a while!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Biomechanics of Impact Injury adn Injury Tolerances of the Extremities

pg 56, 5th sentence:

"In the NASS '80-'87 files, there were 24,647 occupants in this frontal crash series with 71% being AIS-0 (no injury) and 24% being AIS-1 (minor injury)."

Truly thrilling

XE said...

Yay, trashy books! They make a nice break when you've been reading textbooks for years on end :)

medstudentitis said...

ooo, I don't think I want to be involved in a "frontal crash" - although I guess it could be thought of in a smutty way ;)

Dragonfly said...

Haha. Nothing compares to the trashiness of the Earths Children series though...