Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So, my residency application is done. Well, everything is assigned anyway. Maybe I'll change something before Sunday but as far as I'm concerned right now, everything is as good as it's going to get. I know that family medicine isn't really competitive, but I still worry that I won't be able to go where I want to go and that programs won't want me, etc. I think everyone feels this way no matter whether they're applying to dermatology or psych. Anyway, there's nothing I can really do now except wait. I'm going to re-check all my program requirements to make sure I submitted the right documents, but I think things are correct.

I had a nice talk with my sister this evening and talked about Christmas, fashion advice, kids, and other stuff. It's nice to have such a nice sister who I can talk to. Finally, she stopped trying to put me in the garbage can :)

I'm excited for Christmas! Only 3 more week of work - 2 weeks of Anesthesia and one of ER before I go home for the holidays! I'm kind of sad that I'm working on December 20th but I'll still make it home for our family xmas party on the 21st. I have a lot of ER evening shifts (4pm to midnight) which kind of sucks because I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to talk to Ben. We'll have to work something out like when I used to call him in the morning when I was here and he was in Scotland. Ah, back in the day.

Ok. I'd better get to doing something useful.

3 comments:

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Hey, this is going to sound pretty ignorant, but what does the average Canadian post-grad do in their first few years out? Here we do internship for a year before applying for training programs, what paths do you take?

PS: GOOD LUCK for tomorrow's exam! :)

Dragonfly said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till christmas, roll on Dec 20th - the day I get to go home.

I realised I havent been home since the end of June - how bad is that?! I only live 2 hours away...