Monday, July 11, 2011



Every time I unpack a box I look around and think "how can we have more stuff than this" and yet, there are more boxes. I ahve thrown out more stuff in the last week than I knew I had. I have learned how many random sports we've tried and then abandoned but kept the equipment - baseball, volleyball, climbing, badminton (just the husband), golf... not to mention the sports we still do. We have 6 bikes (soon to be seven), two snowboards, full camping gear, yoga mats, myofascial release logs and two sets of cross country skis. We have a first world problem: too much stuff. I hereby declare a moratorium on gift giving that makes more stuff. We have more pillows than two people can ever consume in a lifetime and have been pawning them off on people to take to their cottages. Not to mention the doubles of items from our separate apartments - irons, microwaves, dining tables. I'm going insane.

an addition for Dr. J: this is a myofascial release "roller" which I think looks like a log especially because mine has a kind of bark pattern on it

6 comments:

XE said...

How's the fellowship going?

Dr. J said...

Just wait and see how much stuff appears when you have kids ;o)
Also I guarantee that any children you have will total your myofascial release logs.....I don't know what myofascial release logs are, but I am sure they are the sort of thing small children will destroy..

medstudentitis said...

the fellowship is going really well, learning lots. There's always more to learn!

Dr J. - not sure if kids are in the future but if they are, we definitely need a bigger place!

Dr. J said...

It is definitely a log, I agree.
Here is a video that will explain why children will find it fun and destroy it :o)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP0kWqJJZa4

Liana said...

Weird. My husband just bought a myofascial release log yesterday.

Milk and Two Sugars said...

That log just looks like a huge rolling pin to me. :)