Friday, July 15, 2011

You know, all day I made difficult decisions, deal with many personalities, bring life into the world but then I come home to my most difficult conundrum: what to make for dinner. Because I'm a pesco-vegetarian the options although numerous are often a bit higher maintenance. I make a lot of fish, but this drives the husband crazy because although he enjoys fish, he hates the smell it makes in the apartment (even with the extractor fan on). I often get all excited about making recipes and then realize that most of the ingredients are not in my cupboards and in order to make said recipe for two, I'm left with huge left over packages of many random ingredients.

So, I'm still left with the question, what to make for dinner...

3 comments:

Liana said...

How about salt baked trout? It is ridiculously simple and because it's cooked in the oven I think it is not so stinky.

Recipe is here:
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/bay_leaf_and_salt_baked_trout.php

I thought it would be really salty but it's not. The salt just makes the skin crispy and keeps the flesh moist.

medstudentitis said...

thanks for the tip Liana!

Milk and Two Sugars said...

I'm sure you know of it, but Smitten Kitchen is awesome. You have to hunt through to find the weeknight-type recipes, but as she rarely eats meat practically every recipe could potentially appeal to you.