Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tiredness


Today we had a "career planning" session from 5-8:00, well, I left at 8:00 but it wasn't finished yet. They had people from different specialties come in and talk about what they do and how to get into their program etc. etc. Mostly, it was useless. I came to support my friend who's the chief resident in family medicine here who was coming to talk and I wanted to hear a bit more about the R3 programs in family medicine. As I have a huge interest in obstetrics, I am curious about extra training in that field. I think it would be really cool to practice rurally and be able to do sections. I think I'd probably go out and practice for a while and then come back to do extra training, but the prospect of doing a 3rd year to get a little more experience under my belt before embarking on the world is certainly tempting. We'll see what happens.

On Saturday I'm being unleashed on unsuspecting medical school applicants! I've been honing my interviewing skills and thinking of good questions all week long. I'm stoked to see what these kids are made of. I hope that my questions give them a chance to really shine and show me what they're all about. I've tried to design questions that will give them opportunities to tell the panel about what makes them unique and great and the perfect candidate for doctoring. We'll see if it all works out. And, there's free lunch. perfect.

No comments: