Tuesday, October 14, 2008

fear

Ok... I confess... I am very afraid of the dentist. I have had lots of negative, painful dentist/orthodontist experiences and it makes me a little bit mouth-shy. I finally called a dentist in the city where my medical school is to get an appointment. This is a big step for me. I was flossing my teeth tonight and a bit of filling disintegrated into my mouth... that is worrisome. So, I shoved a mirror into my mouth to take a look and I think I'm missing a bit of filling form a molar. So, now I'm in the process of getting a new dentist. I hope they're gentle.

I have no idea how to get time off from school to actually GO to the dentist so I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I don't even know how long it takes to get a dental appointment. I guess sending the first email is the first step though... eek. I wish they gave ativan at the dentist.

2 comments:

XE said...

I understand, I'm exactly the same way. I wish I could be like my sister, she goes to a special pediatric dentist that she LOVES... when you tell her she has an appointment, she's excited for a week! I haven't been in 9 years and I'm terrified to have to go.

Good luck! Maybe you can get laughing gas or something? Not quite as good as ativan, but might do the trick!

P.S. I LOVE your new pic!!

Anonymous said...

I always get ativan from my dentist, then all needed dental work done all at once, It's the only way to do it!