Thursday, October 30, 2008

Today was a good day at the psych hospital. We started off with my supervisor telling us about how he once was interviewed for the national enquirer and Maxim magazine about water intoxication and polydypsia and how it was medically dangerous. He said that after the article came out with a guy with huge muscles injecting water into his arm in the photo accompanying the piece, he decided to never do that again. He then said that during that time he told his medical student as a joke that Julia Roberts called him because she wanted help with her water drinking addiction... and the student didn't know who Julia Roberts was!!! We spent a good while laughing about how he could go on Oprah or write a column for the newspaper.

I interviewed my first patient of my psych rotation yesterday and then another today - I am working on a locked ward and the people are quite sick so sometimes it's hard to interview them because they're quite delusional. I think I did an alright job of re-directing though. My resident is really nice and supportive, which has been great. Plus, I got an hour and a half for lunch today, which isn't too shabby.

I've been to the gym 3 times this week which is a vast improvement over the last six weeks of going approximately zero times. I'm gonna be buff I tell you!

No comments: