Thursday, April 12, 2007

I guess today went moderately not as badly as yesterday. Which isn't saying much. But, I think I got a 60 so that's good. I know I screwed up a couple of questions and some of the marking scheme seemed really odd like two marks for a one word answer, but, it's over. Now on to the picture exam. The picture exam (otherwise known as the practical) is one of my worst exams. It's not that I don't know what's in the picture (although sometimes, that is the case) but it's more that I get flustered by the time limit for each question and the fact that they're going to change the slide. Sometimes I'm just not that quick or I need to go back to something once I've had a chance to think about it. The practical doesn't allow for that.

And in other news, I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow. I'm not sure what to get done to it so I'm pretty much going to leave it up to the stylist. I hope she knows what she's doing.

And! Why do they make birth control pills so small? I know, they're easy to swallow. But, on days like today when i'm not sure if it actually got into my mouth and down my throat I would have like to have felt it instead of its magical inconspicuousness. I always wonder if I should take another pill in these situations just to make sure. But I looked around and I couldn't find the pill on the floor or down my shirt so I'm betting it got in there. Sigh.

2 comments:

Dr. J. said...

Based on a quick read over your blog posts about your studying, and exams I've deduced that you go to the same medical school as I did. So as a fellow *****'* grad I wish you well with those crazy exams!!
Cheers,
Dr.J.

Milk and Two Sugars said...

We have a time-trial exam too! The only approach that worked for me was that I'd try to finish each question marginally before the end of the allocated time (10-30 seconds); then I'd read ahead to the next. I don't even know if that's possible for you, but it left me feeling much more prepared for the coming questions than at the times I didn't manage it this way.

All the best.