Monday, April 09, 2007

Renal Renal Renal


There are just too many things that can go wrong with kidneys and associated parts. Plus, all that histology, yeesh. If I were a proximal tubule, what would I be made out of? This is what I've been asking myself all day to remember what is going on. (simple cuboidal epithelium that stains with eosin stain of course). I'm tired of the kidney but I have atleast 50 more pages of notes to read about it... well, I'm actually starting urology now, yay prostates, so maybe it will be better.

I'm sorry to be so boring. I put my bike into the shop today for a spring clean and tune-up. Maybe they'll get my front mech moving again which is clogged with old grease and sand and salt from the winter. I'm SO ready to get back on the bike again and zoom around in my new puce helmet. It was on sale.

3 comments:

Dr. K said...

If you were a proximal tubule you would also have a distinct brush border directly related to function (as opposed to if you were a distal tubule). Your nuclei would also appear less densely packed if you were a proximal tubule (versus a distal tubule).

[I couldn't resist: nerds are us.]

medstudentitis said...

hah, I love it!

Milk and Two Sugars said...

You poor thing! Sympathy from the other side of the world.