Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Today was a bad day for procrastination. I don't really remember what i did today, but a lot of it wasn't studying. Thankfully I just have one lecture of embryology to cover and then I'm done the week I was supposed to finish today. Too bad I was also supposed to do half of the next week tonight because tomorrow I am going to labour and delivery!

I'm excited about going to L and D for an observership. Last time I went there was only one baby born and it was 5 minutes after I walked in and ran into the theater for the section. I hope to see a vaginal birth this time. Maybe this will inspire me to study harder for exams. Maybe not. It will be a good and productive break at least. I've never observed with the doc I'm shadowing nor have I met him before, so that should be interesting.

I guess studying is moving along but i seriously don't remember a thing I've learned. First pass is always hard but because I'm not going to have a lot of time for the second pass, I wish I'd learned more this time around. I'm looking back and regretting all that time I spent not studying now. Oh well, there's always next semester... MY LAST SEMESTER IN THE CLASSROOM!!!!!! I am SO excited to go into clerkship next year. Our lottery still hasn't been done for rotation schedules yet though so I have no idea what order my rotations will be in. I really hope I get obs/gyn first so I don't look like an idiot on my electives.

I'm trying to decide where to do my electives right now. I've pretty much decided that I'm going to do a 3 week obs/gyn elective at U of T, and a 2 week elective at Mac in ER or Obs/gyn and then I have a 3 week rural elective set up so I have another 5 weeks of electives to decide on (a 2 week and a 3 week) I want to do ER somewhere but I'm not sure where, maybe Western. My last 3 weeks I'd like to do something in either family or something that I don't necessarily want to do but will help me in the future like a subspecialty of internal or radiology. Later on after CaRMS we also have another block of electives so maybe I'll do my radiology then. I'm not sure. I want to look well rounded but I also want good reference letters. I also want to try out how I like different schools for residency, although if I'm going to go rural, this matters less.

Anyway, enough of this procrastinating, to embryology!

No comments: