Sunday, April 01, 2007

Weekend Holiday


Every weekend is like a miny holiday for me - even when I don't deserve one. When Ben comes we do things that tourists and families do, and I love it.

This weekend we went to a sugar bush and Ben saw his first maple-syrup making operation. They had a mixture of old fashion tree taps with metal buckets and newer plastic piped collection systems. They had the original wood-fire with cauldron syrup making technique along side with the flat-bottomed steamer version. The syrup was the highlight - they had amazing pancakes absolutely swimming in their home made elixir. Nothing better.

The birds were coming out this weekend too, we saw chickidees, robin red breasts and blue jays all singing away and taking baths in the garden. I'm loving spring.

To top it all off, we went to see the musical theater society at my university's version of Cabaret. It was SO GOOD. My friend from med school choreographed it and wow, she did an amazing job - I don't know how she finds the time! There was nothing amateurish about it and the singing blew me away. I've been to many bad amateur theater presentations in my life and this wasn't one of them.

I did do a bit of studying from 12 - 2am on Friday night while Ben was in bed but I'm far behind what I should have done this weekend. Thus, I'm hitting the books now.

Good news, I managed to rip apart and patch my power cord temporarily. Although, I guess this is bad news too because I find the internerd very distracting.

1 comment:

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Glad you had such a lovely weekend too!