Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The weekend was long, and good. Canada day was fun, we had a big bonfire at my cottage and burned all of the branches of the trees we took down 2 weeks ago. Ben managed to get bitten to death again, which put him in a grumpy homesick mood for Saturday and Sunday :( I wish there was a way to make him stop itching without giving him antihistamines which tend to make him extremely groggy (even more than a usual person) - especially because he insists on taking the maximum dose because he's really itchy and then later regrets it. While I was gone my oregano plant shot up over night. This makes me think that i've probably been watering it too much since it hasn't done this while I've been home and diligently watering it every day. I'm going to switch to every second day and see if this new growth continues.

I probably had the worst game of golf of my life this weekend because I didn't go to the driving range or play all of last week. It's a game of lots of practice for small rewards and once I don't practice enough I lose everything I've gained - FRUSTRATING!!!! Although, I still do like it, I just like it more when I'm doing well. My sister shot a 51 though and that's awesome, congrats to her! I had some pretty good tee shots, it was my short game (chipping mostly) that was awful.

This week I'm back to being unemployed for the next two months. Today I sat around in my PJs until noon - I'm going to have to get myself moving a bit faster tomorrow! I cleaned our room and did the laundry and now I'm going off to buy some more plant seeds to plant something pretty for our room. I have two pots that currently have unruly spider plants in them that I want to get rid of and I have discovered that I really like growing things from the seed. Hopefully I'll find something that survives a bit better than the pansies I got on sale that now look really scraggly. Hopefully soon the temping agency calls and has found me some work - I don't like sitting around!

This was a really random post. I'm feeling really random today.

1 comment:

XE said...

Thanks a ton for the EKG info!! I'm sure it will really help.

Good luck on the employment front --- summer jobs are always a bit random but you can learn all kinds of things you never expected to learn and do all kinds of interesting things (I never thought I'd be giving fashion advice to Canadian Idol contestants!)

Thanks again!