Thursday, June 28, 2007

Writing Writing Writing


The main goal of the job I'm at is to produce a document analyzing a survey and providing a literature review of educational literature regarding sexuality education. So far I'm at 21 pages of text (double spaced, 11 pt font, 1" margins). My report that I have to hand in for school has to be under 20 pages. So, I'm going to have to do some cutting. My friend D was kind enough to read over my report and she's going to edit it for me, but I'm still not sure how I'm going to cut out at least 5 pages (I haven't written the results and discussion yet and I'm sure I'll need a few pages left over for that). It's funny, you get attached to what you've researched and written and it becomes hard to cut things out. I'm not even sure if I can recognize what's not needed - I'm too close to it. So, I might put it away for a week or so when I'm finished here tomorrow and come back to it with a fresh eye. My supervisor who has to mark it is on vacation anyways so it won't make a difference to her. I feel like I've written my masters thesis all over again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow cutting down! I never have to cut down, I'm always struggling to put enough in to work I do - at least you can be selective.

Harry

XE said...

The beach! What a great idea! Thank you!!

XE said...

A foolproof method --- yes please!!