Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack

So,
I'm back from my vacay. I snowboarded for 3 days, ate and drank way too much for 3 weeks and slept many nights in a bed with my lovely lovely man.

We nearly didn't make it to 12:00 on new year's night because... we were sleepy. Mom and Dad and Ben and I spent between Christmas and New Years at the cottage. The only slope with snow in this whole province with more than 1 run open happened to be just down the road. I spent most of the three days teaching Ben how to snowboard (he'd been once before and now owns all the kit so I thought he should know how to do it :) and took a few runs on my new board (ooooo do I ever love it). Meet my new lover:I'll say more about my vacation later but first I wanted to say, if you're thinking of making cupcakes you should make the fairy cakes with butter icing from Nigella Lawson's How to be a domestic goddess. You can make them entirely in a food processor (icing and all) and they taste DIVINE. MMmmmm.

3 comments:

The Angry Medic said...

Ooh, Nigella Lawson. Tried watching her to get some cooking wisdom, but she tends to have...other effects on red-blooded males like me. Ahem. *adjusts crucifix around neck and halo around head*

Happy New Year and welcome back!

Calavera said...

Don't talk to me about cupcakes. Cake is my weakness and it's a new year's resolution to cut down on it. I'm a cake fiend.

Oh, but by the way, did you not break any bones from snowboarding?? My medical team were all talking about snowboarding today and how dangerous it is!

medstudentitis said...

Snowboarding is no more dangerous than any other sport, you just gotta be smart about it. You have to be careful and not do anything stupid and wear a helmet. I've been boarding for 10 years and never been hurt...