Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh Marks


So, I got my marks today. I did a lot better than I'd thought. I got honours again, BIG releif. I'm not sure if there are any other schools, especially those not in Canada, that work on this strange system. Under 60 is a fail, 60-80 is a pass and over 80 is honours. We never actually get our numerical marks, we just get a F, P, or H on our transcript. Sometimes it's frustrating and sometimes it's great knowing that a few percentage points don't make a huge difference unless you're on the cusp of the boarders between the marks. I always tell myself that I don't care as long as I pass, but secretly I do and I'm proud of myself for being a straight honours student. Only two more semesters with these stupid exams to go and then clerkship! I'm really looking forward to it although it's a scary thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! Can I say I toldja so?
--Dr. F

XE said...

Wow - our school doesn't work like that at all. We have letter grades, and the nice thing is that if you get over 90% in a class it counts as an 100!(However, if you get a 75% it counts as a 60, so I guess that evens things out).

medstudentitis said...

Hi Xavier,
It's only our med school that works on this weird system, undergrads just get regular old grades like everyone else.

Nathan said...

I get just plain letter grades. C=MD.

Hahahahaha. You're probably doing better than I did in class though, and good for you.

Milk and Two Sugars said...

Congratulations - hard work should pay off! And, believe me, if you think your grading system is weird, you should try mine.

Amy said...

Once again PKK great job!