Thursday, January 18, 2007

Snow!



Ok, so the snow finally came this weekend. But, so did freezing rain, and rain. All in all, it added up to hard slogging to get to school on Monday. I'm a cyclist and I bike all winter. Usually it's ok because the roads here are mostly plowed. On Monday, however, nothing was plowed. Riding a bike in fresh snow is like riding a bucking bronco. You slip and slide and it takes a lot of balance to keep on the bike. I did live to tell the tale though.

I've been snowboarding so far 4 times this season all of which were teaching expeditions. Ben is getting a lot better and soon he's going to start going by himself to practice during the week. Hopefully soon I'll get to do some serious boarding on my own so I can try out my new board. It's really fun to board with Ben and watch him improve, but sometimes I feel I'm starting to lose my own skill!

Well, I'm off to do laundry, it's been a busy week so I'll update more about that tomorrow when I don't feel so exhausted!

No comments: