Sunday, January 14, 2007

Swamped


It's only week 3 and I feel pretty swamped with work. This semester is the big 3: nephro, resp and cardio. It's nice to finally get an understanding of how the vital organs work to a certain extent but putting all 3 together was someone's idea of a funny joke. In some ways it's good though because it's forcing me to keep up with things as they happen. I actually did some work last week which is a new thing for me at the beginning of the semester.

In good news, I won an award of merit for my contributions to the medical school community. I'm guessing this is due to my efforts in starting and maintaining the family medicine interest group at my university. I was nominated by one of my peers and I get a free dinner this week because of it. It really makes me feel good that someone noticed how much work I put into this group and it makes me want to keep doing it!

6 comments:

The Angry Medic said...

Aww...it's always nice when someone gives you recognition, isn't it? If everyone in the medical profession all got some recognition once in a while the world'd be a much better place. For what it's worth, here's another pat on the back for maintaining the group thingy. Keep plugging!

Oh, and ALL 3 together? Bwahahahahahahahaha!! *thunder and lightning*

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I voted against you... Haha j/k! See you at the dinner!

Tiny Shrink said...

Wow, congratulatons!

Anonymous said...

Good on ya, litle one.
Dr. F

sunseasurf said...

Free Dinner! Strong Work, now you can spend your food money on magazines!

Calavera said...

Wow, well done! Probably very well deserved! Congrats!