Thursday, May 17, 2007

Grrrr

Despite the fact that I just had some tomatoes on toast which were really yummy, today has been frustrating. I've finally been able to get down to work on my summer research project (mandatory for graduating from my med school) and I have run into a few stumbling blocks.

#1 - Scope: The scope of the project is really large and I'm trying to write my background. I'm not sure how much information about the topic of the survey itself I should put into the background. If I put it all in, it will be a very large background. For my lit review I'm focusing on papers that look at clinician education in this area more than the actual research in this area because it's so broad. Ugh. This has been my stumbling block since the beginning.

#2 - Supervisor: My supervisor(s) are very unhelpful. They keep asking me what I think and the when I ask them what they thing they sort of say 'yeah, what you said sounds good'. I ask for guidance and they just kind of avoid the subject. It's really frustrating. I know that they're busy clinicians who don't have a lot of time and don't do very much research so maybe they aren't aware or can't answer my questions, but it's still frustrating. Anybody want to volunteer to be my new research supervisor?

No comments: