Monday, May 07, 2007

So, I got scolded by the angry medic for not updating my blog and aiding in his procrastination. Just for you, I will update today.

Much like last week, I really don't have a lot to talk about. I'm starting today on my research elective for school. I have to complete a lit search strategy by May 28... shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully there's lots of stuff out there on my topic, but I'm not sure there is. To do this, I have to formulate a research question, which is where things get tough. I wrote to the lead investigator on the project I am supposed to do some work on and she hasn't replied to my email - thus, I have no idea what the motivations, goals, or anything for the project are, what the study hypothesis is, and have no idea how they came up with the survey questions they used. It's hard to write a proposal, an abstract, and do a lit review when you're not quite sure what the project is. I hope I didn't offend this woman in some way by asking her these questions. It's a bit awkward because my supervisor is kind of on the fringe of this project but she doesn't have anything for me to do directly on her work at the moment so this was the best I could get. I hope it doesn't all blow up in my face!

Anyways, on to other things. Ben and I went biking this weekend and played golf, it was fun. By the end of the weekend I was tired out, but that's probably a good thing. Weekends are just so much better than weekdays right now because I have someone to spend them with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...