Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Random Things Meme

I've been tagged by Xavier Emmanuelle

Here are the rules: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. Write a post about your own random things. Post these rules. At the end of your blog, tag 8 people and post their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged.

WARNING: Some of the things in this post are a bit gross... just so you know now. Don't say I didn't warn you.



1. I pick the skin off my feet because my heels are constantly itchy... it's gross but I can't help it and nobody has ever been able to tell me why they're SO ITCHY

2. I really like to count things in a sort of subconscious way. I walk down the street and suddenly realize I've been counting my footsteps, it's a bit OCD, I know.

3. I'm really interested in sexuality and other people's sex lives.

4. I LOVE THE CBC - if I could have an 'I heart CBC' t-shirt I would (sorry Xavier, kind of stole this one from you, but it's true)

5. Tomato sandwiches with a bit of salt and margarine are one of my all time favorite things

6. I often wear shoes that are 1/2 size too small to make my feet look smaller

7. When I do something new I always convince myself that I'm fearless, then about 15 minutes in I realize that I'm scared shitless and can't get out of it

8. I am a crier, anything touching, sad, bitter sweet, etc. makes me cry. Especially in books or other works of fiction.

9. I have pooping attacks all the time where I suddenly have to poop so badly I think I'm going to die and I get hot flashes because of it and need to find a bathroom pronto - sorry if that's more information than you wanted to know about me.

Xavier already tagged most of my blogging buddies! I'll tag Couz, Cal, Angry (although I suspect he's not the meme type), Nathan, MWWAK, Obgyn Kenobi, TriThinkingPink's Captain Pants AND Captain Cactus

5 comments:

XE said...

Oh my God, almost all of your random facts also apply to me! How weird is that?
What time were you in Bluenotes today? Just curious to know if you were there when I was working!

Midwife with a Knife said...

I probably shouldn't mention this, but I'm totally with you on the skin thing. In fact, when I get a bad sunburn (I burn really easily), I enjoy that relief-of-itching feeling when you peel off the peeling layer of dead skin. I'm such a weirdo!

XE said...

I was reading this post again this morning, and it's crazy how many of these we have in common!

I don't think that the subconsciously counting your steps thing is OCD -- I've done it since I was a child, and it's more to keep your mind entertained than anything. It's cool to see that someone else does it too though!

CBC rocks, but I rarely admit it, because it is definitely not "cool" to listen to Sounds Like Canada while you do your homework :)

I heart tomato sandwiches, but I use pepper instead of salt, and the bread must be toasted. Mmm... now I'm hungry...

So, did I see you at work yesterday? Did I? Huh? Did I?

XE said...

Nope. I didn't start work until 5.

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING wrong with the CBC. I grew up with it, and I find that the smart people I admire all listen to it as well... Don't be embarassed by it! Embrace it! Spread the word! The more people who shout it's virtues in public, the safer it is a Canadian Institution!!