Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Someone I don't know but feel like I do is dying. I am so saddened by the news, I was hoping for a miracle. I am not a religious person but I hope that Sarah goes to the place she has always dreamed of, a place with no pain and suffering.

I hope the Derek can find the strength to go on and carry Sarah's legacy in his heart out into the world.

I'll miss your insightful posts, your humor, and your selflessness.

She does her name proud. It is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is princess. Originally called Sarai, Sarah shared an adventurous nomadic life with her husband Abraham. She is described as being exceptionally beautiful even into her older years.

Sarah thought it was important to remind everyone to be careful of sun exposure. I want to remind you, in her honor, this summer season to cover up, wear sunscreen, and avoid going out in the middle of the day. Have moles checked by your family doctor. Take charge of your health.

4 comments:

Calavera said...

:(

I'm so sorry to hear this.

A beautifully written post.

Anonymous said...

My condolences. It's amazing what little lessons in life you can pick up from the most unlikely of places.

Live strong, and wear sunscreen!
(Baz Luhrmann said it well!)

Calavera said...

I know that this is totally irrelevant, but where is the picture above from?

medstudentitis said...

I think I just google imaged the name Sarah... I'll put up a credit