Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Venting

You know, I'm really really really angry. I hate it when someone tells you something and gets your hopes up and then changes their mind. I applied for a research position with the college of physicians and surgeons because the person who posted the position told me I didn't have to be in Ottawa to do the job. I got really excited about the opportunity and send in my resume right away. Today I get a call asking if I can be in Ottawa for the duration of the project and the woman tells me that it's mandatory. What the hell. You can't just change your mind like that, do these people not realize that what they say has a huge impact on other people? The lady didn't even apologize when I pointed out what I had been told. Dammit. I'm really really sad and disappointed and angry. This means that for the next two months I'll have to go back to the temp agency and see what they can do for me. Argh. This really chaps my ass. I just want to work and make some money, is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

XE said...

I'm so sorry that happened. It sounds very unfair and disappointing.

Calavera said...

Apparently so. I'm struggling through the system now myself, and I'm just as frustrated and disheartened about it as you are - I'm actually gonna write a post on it soon - a job that I got turned down for :(

:(

I'm so sorry about it though - it is really unfair.