Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When I was a kid and dreamed of peeing, I used to pee the bed. I'm always amazed now when I have a dream that I'm peeing and I wake up without peeing the bed. One of the wonderful things about growing up and gaining control over one's body.

I woke up 3 times last night to take my pill... 3am, 5am and 6am before actually taking it at 6:45. I think I'm gone to the other extreme of pill taking and now just have to strike a balance and remember ONCE a day.

Ben and I had decided we were going to be early last night. After a trip to Canadian Tire and a trip to the grocery store, that plan didn't really pan out. We went to bed at our usual 10:00. Tonight, however, I AM going to bed early becuase I'm exhausted. I'm having trouble concentrating at work because I constantly want to take a nap and found myself yawning when in with a patient yesterday - although I did a closed mouth yawn, people still notice.

I saw two very weird things this morning on my commute:
1 - I saw the "makeup gnome" : a lady who was hiding behind a pillar of a Bay St. business tower doing her makeup... I'm not sure why she felt she couldn't go into the bathroom in the lobby of the building and do it there. It was like it was a covert operation.

2 - I saw a woman walking down Bay St. (a very busy street in the middle of the financial district of Toronto) in the middle of the morning rush, KNITTING. Seriously, she was knitting some kind of garment on circular knitting needles, while WALKING. Weird eh?

2 comments:

RedSpiral said...

You made me laugh! lol You must not know many knitters... ;)

I can knit while walking (circular needles are EASY, much easier than two straight, that's probably how she managed), read while walking, etc.

medstudentitis said...

Actually, my Mom's a big knitter, but she doesn't knit while walking as far as I know.. just while sitting in the car (while my Dad drives). Knitting in morning rush hour is a new thing for me.