Monday, June 18, 2007

The weekend was fun. On Saturday I got to hang out with my sister all morning and we played golf at her hockey team golf tournament. It was probably the worst round we've both played this year but it doesn't matter since we had fun and we were both hitting shittily. She's playing at a really chic resort next weekend so hopefully she has better luck! I lost one of my pink golf balls though, which is a bummer. Good thing I have lots more.

On Saturday night my father was singing in a show called Scotland the Brave. It was basically a Scottish proms with lots of singing of Scottish songs and lots of bagpipes etc. The funny thing was, there wasn't a single Scottish person among the main performers. They were all Australian or Canadian! It was fun anyway. I really like bagpipe music and the 48th Highlanders regimental band played all the bagpipe pieces. They were fantastic and their drummers are amazing.

On Sunday we went down to Harbourfront and sat on a patio with my cousin and her irish boyfriend and drank Corona. A nice way to end off the weekend, although I got home and thought it was time to go to bed - it was only seven o'clock.

So, all in all a good weekend with nothing medical involved. Just the way I like it.

1 comment:

XE said...

The harbourfront was crazy this weekend -- on the way to my modern class all the streetcars to Queen's Quay were completely full; it looked like there was some kind of festival going on.